Cindy Spencer Pape – Get Your Happy-Ever-After Fix
Meet Cindy Spencer Pape!
Cindy Spencer Pape is an avid reader of romance, fantasy, mystery, and even more romance who firmly believes in happily-ever-after. Married for more than twenty-five years to her own, sometimes-kilted hero, she lives in southern Michigan with him and two grown sons, along with an ever-changing menagerie of pets. Cindy has been, among other things, a banker, a teacher, and an elected politician, but mostly an environmental educator, though now she is lucky enough to write full-time. Her degrees in zoology and animal behavior almost help her comprehend the three male humans who share her household.
Beach or camping? Beach, all the way.
Bathing suit or mountain gear? Why? Well, I probably LOOK better in mountain gear, but I love to swim, so I’m definitely happier in a swimsuit.
Margaritas or Spritzers? (If you answer club soda, we’re gonna have to talk.) Margaritas, but I can’t handle much.
Please enter. Cabana boys are under that umbrella. We’ll even let you pick one to hold your shade…and your pen.
Where is one place you would love to spend the Summer? Why? I’d love to see England, Scotland and Ireland. I’ve always been fascinated by the history there. Though I’m not sure I’d get any writing done there, I’m sure I’d get LOTS of inspiration!
What is your ideal writing haven? Are there men or beach bunnies involved? A little cabana by the beach. No beach bunnies, please. Men? Well, at least one, with good hands and a bottle of massage oil…
What season do you write best? And why? It varies. Season seems to affect me less than whatever other garbage is going on in my life. I love sunshine and summer, but sometimes I want to go play in it, and then I don’t get much work done. The worst is always right around Christmas.
When plotting a book, what determines your setting and characters? There are a lot of factors. I write a lot of series, so often, characters and settings are already in place from the previous book. Otherwise? I like to play with stereotypes and mess around, like putting a Chicago cop on a Texas ranch or an ancient dragon in the steam tunnels of a Michigan college.
If you’re going on vacation, what items would I find in your bag? And why? Flip flops. Unless it’s snowing, this is my choice of footwear. Basic makeup, but not a ton. Who wants to take time to bother with more than the basics? My Nook for reading and my netbook for writing and email. A swimsuit, just in case I find a beach or pool. Jeans, t-shirts, (or sweaters if it’s colder) and one or two casual skirts. MAYBE a dress if I have a good enough reason to think I’ll need one.
What are you working on right now? Several projects. A new book in the Gaslight Chronicles, the finale of the Holiday Hearts series and another, super-secret new project.
What news would you like to share with your readers? Book 3 of my Urban Arcana series, Motor City Wolf, comes out from Carina Press on Aug. 29.
Where can readers find you?
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/CindySPape
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cindy-Spencer-Pape-Books/102207923194253
- Website: http://www.cindyspencerpape.com
- Others: Blog: http://cindyspencerpape.blogspot.com/
Newsletter group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cspapenewsgroup/
List other books you have out:
From Carina Press:
- Urban Arcana #1: Motor City Fae (e-book and audio book) Carina Press
- Urban Arcana #2: Motor City Witch (e-book and audio book) Carina Press
- Gaslight Chronicles #1: Sorcery & Steam (e-book and audio book) Carina Press
- Photographs & Phantoms: A Gaslight Chronicles Novella (e-book, free download) April 25, 2011
From The Wild Rose Press
- Love at the Crazy H #1: The Cowboy’s Christmas Bride The Wild Rose Press (e-book & print)
- Love at the Crazy H #2: Crazy for the Cowboy The Wild Rose Press (e-book & print)
- Love at the Crazy H #3: Always a Cowboy The Wild Rose Press (e-book & print)
- All the Way Back, (Wayback, Texas) from The Wild Rose Press (e-book) available in print as part of the Wild Wayback Nights anthology
- After the Rodeo in the anthology Finding Their Way Back, (e-book and print) The Wild Rose Press.
- Curses The Wild Rose Press (e-book and print)
- Beltaine Bargain (short story) The Wild Rose Press (e-book)
From Ellora’s Cave/Cerridwen Press:
- Geek Love #1: Dragon in the System Cerridwen Press (e-book and print)
- Geek Love #2: Djinni and the Geek Ellora’s Cave (e-book and print)
- Geek Love #3: Teach Me (Torrid Tarot Novel) Ellora’s Cave (e-book)
- Between a Rock and a Hard-On (Tricks and Treats Quickie) Ellora’s Cave (e-book) available in print as part of the Tantalizing Treats anthology
- Heroes of Stone #1: Stone and Earth Ellora’s Cave (e-book)
- Heroes of Stone #2: Stone and SeaEllora’s Cave (e-book)
- Heroes of Stone #3: Stone and Fire, (e-book) Ellora’s Cave
- Heroes of Stone #4: Stone and Sky (e-book) Ellora’s Cave
- Three for All, Ellora’s Cave (e-book)
- 21. One Good Man co-written with Lacey Thorn Ellora’s Cave (e-book & print)
- Sorcerer’s Song, in the Ellora’s Cavemen, Jewels of the Nile, Volume 3 anthology, Ellora’s Cave (e-book and print)
- Trapped in the Ellora’s Cavemen: Flavors of Ecstasy, Vol. I anthology, (e-book and print)
- Mistletoe Magic #3: Whispers of Magic (e-book) available in print as part of the istletoe Magic anthology) Ellora’s Cave
- Mistletoe Magic #4: Elven Magic with Regina Carlysle & Desiree Holt (e-book) available in print as part of the Mistletoe Magic anthology) Ellora’s Cave
- Immortal Cravings #1: Exploring Ari (e-book) Ellora’s Cave
- Immortal Cravings #2: Dani’s Demons (e-book) Ellora’s Cave
- Immortal Cravings #3: Just for Jess (e-book) Ellora’s Cave
- Marry Me, Marietta (e-book) Ellora’s Cave
- Holiday Hearts #1: Yuletide Enchantment: (e-book) Ellora’s Cave,
- Holiday Hearts #2: Like Bunnies (e-book) Ellora’s Cave
- Holiday Hearts #3: Valentine’s Heart (e-book) Ellora’s Cave
- Holiday Hearts #4: Midsummer Dreams (e-book) Ellora’s Cave
- Awakening Augusta (e-book) Ellora’s Cave
- Texas Passions #2: Eagle’s Redemption (e-book) Ellora’s Cave
- Sporting Wood an Ellora’s Cave Free e-book
From Resplendence Publishing:
- Nailed, Resplendence Publishing, (e-book and in the print anthology Carnal Reunions)
- Guardian Investigations #2: Wings of the Raven (e-book) Total-E-Bound
- Georgie and the Dragon also in the Brits in Time anthology (e-book and audio book), Total-E-Bound
Writing as Cian Fey for Total-E-Bound (m/m)
40. Lust in the Afternoon in the anthology Naughty Nooners, (ebook and print) Total-E-Bound.
- Urban Arcana #3: Motor City Werewolf (e-book) Carina Press, August 29, 2011
Wow. You’re a busy girl! Will you be willing to answer questions in regards to writing and publication today? I’ll answer just about anything. J
Thank you so much for joining us at Romance Author Hotspot!
Giveaway: free download of Midsummer Dreams (erotic) OR Steam & Sorcery (steampunk, not erotic), reader’s choice.
Matt Warren has always been the man of Summer’s dreams. He was her childhood imaginary playmate, her teen crush, and the wildly sexy fantasy lover of her adulthood. She’s always known he wasn’t real, but after experiencing his imaginative, passionate touch, no real man has ever measured up. However, alone on a beach shortly before her birthday, Summer discovers that the Holiday family magic hasn’t left her behind. Matt is real, standing on her beach, and he’s there to make Summer his in every way possible.
Matt has always known he has a gift as a dreamwalker, and that Summer was out there and would someday be his—if he didn’t get himself killed first. Now that his career as an Air Force pilot is over, he’s moved to Charleston to find Summer and teach her that their shared erotic dreams are even better in real life, and that their love can last a lifetime.
Summer Holiday tossed and turned in the middle of a dream that had visited on and off her whole life. She knew she was dreaming, but she didn’t want it to end.
The sand was warm beneath her feet and the surf lapped softly against the shore. No one else was around, just the two of them. The handsome, golden-haired man gazed at her with his midnight-blue eyes. He reached for her and she walked into his arms. He was mostly naked, a pair of cut-off jeans his only covering. She had on a sundress, with a bikini underneath. This part of the dream was the same, had been since she could remember. As she’d gotten older though, it had grown more and more explicit. Now, sometimes the dream carried through until they’d both come, and Summer wanted that tonight. It had been a long week, and she needed some sort of release.
“Summer.” He murmured her name into her hair as he hugged her close. That had been added to the dream sometime in her teen years. They’d shared names and told each other about their lives. Her subconscious had built quite a character for her dream man. He was three years older than she, had parents who were divorced, a married sister, and since Summer’s college years, he’d been in the military. “I’ve missed you.”
“I’ve missed you too, Matt.” Matthew Harrison Warren, that’s what she’d named him. Major Matt Warren. Her childhood dream friend who’d grown into her adult dream lover. “It’s been a long time.”
“I was in the hospital for a while,” he told her as he kissed her earlobe, the line of her neck. “I didn’t dream while they had me pumped full of drugs.”
This was her dream, not his. Still, she wasn’t going to waste it asking questions.Tweet